Twins Henrik and Daniel Sedin re-signed with the Vancouver Canucks for what their agent said were identical $1.125 million contracts.
The Canucks didn't disclose terms. Agent J.P. Barry said the 22-year-olds signed one-year contracts with $125,000 increases from the $1 million each made last season.
Left wing Daniel had a career-high 39 points last season (eight goals, 31 assists). Center Henrik had 14 goals and 17 assists.
• Trevor Ettinger, a forward in the Columbus Blue Jackets' organization, was found dead in Canada.
Ettinger, 23, died on Saturday, the Syracuse Crunch, Columbus' AHL affiliate, announced on its Web site.
The team didn't add details about Ettinger's death. Doug MacLean, Columbus' coach and general manager, said he wasn't sure how Ettinger died.
• Center Marc Chouinard signed with the Minnesota Wild.
Chouinard, 26, set career highs in games played (70) and penalty minutes (40) last season with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.
• Edmonton re-signed its captain, defenseman Jason Smith, to a one-year contract.
• The Washington Capitals re-signed left wing Matt Pettinger, 22, to a one-year contract. He has played in 72 games over three seasons with the Capitals.
• The Phoenix Coyotes signed goaltender Zac Bierk to a one-year contract. The restricted free agent had filed for salary arbitration, but the Coyotes and Bierk reached a deal.
Bierk, 26, played 16 games with Phoenix last season, recording a 2.17 goals-against average and one shutout.
• Free-agent forward Paul Healey, previously with Toronto, agreed to terms with the New York Rangers.
• Veteran defenseman Ian Moran re-signed with the Boston Bruins for one year.
• Boston Bruins defenseman Jonathan Girard was recuperating at a hospital in Montreal, a day after having surgery on a fractured pelvis suffered in an automobile accident Thursday.
His agent, Bob Sauve, and Ryan Nadeau, a Bruins spokesman, said Girard, 23, was in the intensive-care unit at Hospital Sacre Coeur.